Friday, May 23, 2008

Gaming provides such fodder!

Some of my favourite quotes have come out of D&D sessions. For those of you who aren't cool enough to know what D&D is, I shake my head. It is Dungeons & Dragons, an awesome role-playing game. It's often thought of as a very geeky past time, but it's actually really cool. Think of those 'Choose Your Own Adventure' books that you read back in elementary school - it's kinda like that, only live.

I play in a couple of different campaigns - Bloodwars runs mostly on Saturdays, but not every week because a few of our players come in from out of town. Poor Bastards is relatively new, and was started because not everyone from Bloodwars can come in every week. I've only played in Hemlock Creek once, because it's almost impossible to get everyone there together. Tonight, we started a new campaign, but it doesn't have a name yet. Wait for it, though, because we'll figure it out soon!

In any case, D&D generates awesome quotes. Here are some of my favourites:

"Buy me a drink, I'll kill you tomorrow!" (said cheerfully)

"Torture is like the Diet Coke of evil." (while trying to defend the use of torture to get information from a captive)

"It's crack in a can!" (describing 2nd edition D&D, which is totally inaccurate - 3.5 is the way to go!)

"You're not sliding down the slope towards evil. You're wearing skis and a jet pack!"

See? Lots of fun reasons to play D&D!

2 comments:

colbymarshall said...

chaotic cuits me well, and I like it.

colbymarshall said...

*suits, excuse me