Saturday, May 31, 2008

I also <3 books!

I didn't do much today except read, and it was wonderful! I finished off a book that I borrowed from one of the girls at work: Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Wow. I've decided that I absolutely love her books. I picked up another of hers, My Sister's Keeper, at the airport on my way back from my cousin's wedding. I couldn't put it down.

I like how she can change perspectives without losing a reader - that's something that I haven't really tried to work on, because it's kind of scary. I would like to be able to do that, and I think that I'll probably start to work on it after I've read a few more of her books. I'm hoping that, at least subconsiously, I'll start to figure out how she's doing it.

In any case, I can't wait to read another! Ashlee has one that she borrowed from the same girl at work, and I'm hoping that she finished hers, so we can trade. So far, both of the books I've read have made me cry. I'm not talking about just getting a little choked up. I mean tears streaming down my face and I have to put the book down because I can't see the words any more. They're amazing. It's been a long time since a book has been able to draw me so fully into the story that I react like that.

If you haven't read anything by Jodi Picoult, I highly recommend that you give it a try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually Karen has it because Amanda actually had it there for her and I felt bad so I traded with her for a book she had just finished reading which you also might enjoy. And interestingly enough, it belonged to the other Amanda. Anyway, if Karen hasn't finished that book, I'll give you the one I have. It's a suspenseful story. Really good.

colbymarshall said...

I am a HUGE Jodi Picoult fan, and the one you needd to read is Plain Truth...I've read all of her books except one, and this one was one of my favs. If you want to borrow any, I've got 'em :-)