Saturday, May 17, 2008

Preggo brain, puppy brain

Today, Shane said that he thought that you had to be pregnant first to end up with 'Mommy brain,' but that I seemed to have developed it since getting Mia (the puppy).

I have several friends in various stages of pregnancy and motherhood, and the preggo brain/mommy brain seems to be a fairly consistant feature in all of them. They completely lose their ability to remember things, and it's not unusual to hear one item of news seven or eight times, but not hear something else until months after it happened. I think Shane accused me of this because I kept trying to tell him the same thing over and over again. However, I think that I kept trying to tell him the same thing because it still applied - I needed to get new ink for my printer.

But I thought about it, and I think I have developed 'Puppy brain,' which is similar to Mommy brain - my attention is now constantly divided. I'll be on the phone with someone, and they hear me telling Mia to sit, or that she's a good girl, or any number of other things. My attention span has decreased to match the puppy's - I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I didn't have a particularly long attention span to start with.

Oo! And I should tell you about the cup!

But back to puppy brain... I think I've developed it. Heaven help me if I ever have kids!

No comments: