Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bellatrix breaks me

Today's blog is brought to you by the number 8.

I have had a long day.  Most days that I go to work are long days, so I shouldn't be surprised.

I may have to break one of my resolutions, and that's sad... I don't think there's any way that I'll be able to finish any of my current knitting/crochet projects in time to make the fishnets for Chicago.  :(  And on an even sadder note, I'm going to have to rip out the sweater that I'm working on, because I just don't have enough yarn to finish it.  That makes me very sad.  I love the yarn, but I got it on clearance about four years ago, and there just isn't any more of it around.  I've actually started about three different patterns with it, and I've run into the same problem every time.

Wait!  I just had a thought!  I love the yarn, I love the stitch, and so far, there's not any shaping done... I can make it into a pillow!  Sweet!  I don't have to rip it out!  And then I don't have that same damn yarn cluttering up my stash!  Whoopee!  Hotcha!  Jazzzzzzzz!

Can you tell I've been at a Chicago rehearsal?

3 comments:

colbymarshall said...

Eight is the number of legs an octopus has. Eight is the number of the last ball in a game of pool. Eight is very close to ten, which is perfect...

colbymarshall said...

OH JUNK. I JUST read the title of this post...and had to comment again. HAHA.

Ray Veen said...

Now see... I want to say something witty about a number, but I can't, because I'm sensing there's this inside joke that I don't know about, so anything I try to add will sound lame and wrong.

Would it help if I rented Chicago on DVD?