Sunday, May 24, 2009

Over-achiever? Me?

So I was perusing Facebook today, and one of my friends posted one of those pictures where you have to label each photo as one of your friends.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  If you're on Facebook at all, you've seen them.

Anyway, I got labeled as "The Over-Achiever."  And I'm okay with that, I think.  And it doesn't surprise me, really.  My plate is always full, sometimes overflowing, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Sometimes, it stresses me out, but outside of work, 99% of what's on my plate is there by choice, because I love it.  So yeah, I'm a bit panicked that Baby Charlotte is almost a month old and I haven't finished her blanket yet.  And yeah, the whole Chicago audition was a headache, and trying to decide whether I can take the part is also problematic, but I love the theatre.  And sure, I've just realized that there's no way the amount of blue yarn I have will finish this damned sweater I've been working on for like, two years, so I'll have to frog the whole thing... 

I'm happy with who I am.  It works for me.  Hopefully, who I am works for you, too.  If not, well, I won't force you to stick around.  (Unless, of course, you're family.  Then you have no choice.)

2 comments:

colbymarshall said...

I wouldn't take it as a bad thing...I know it's not meant to be one ;-)

Ray Veen said...

'Over-achiever' is actually a high compliment. I'll bet the person calling you that admires you for your productivity and accomplishments. They might even envy you.

Or they might try to say that you need to relax and have more fun, but what they'll fail to realize is that, for an over-achiever, being productive and accomplishing things IS fun.