Friday, May 8, 2009

Field Trip!

That's right, I'm going on a field trip!  Tomorrow, I'm heading to Dublin to study a pair of wild ballroom dancers in their native environment.  It's sure to be a day full of surprises - I've got my camera and various recording devices ready to go!

Serisously, though, I'm spending the day with a couple of dancers, hoping to get a better feel for how they interact while rehearsing, so I can improve the quality of my WIP.  Of course, that means that tomorrow morning, I'll be frantically writing to have the piece finished, so that I can work in these improvements.

Big hugs to Colby and Chris for being my beta-readers for the first half - your comments helped so much!  I'm looking forward to finishing the rest to give to you!  And if things go well, I might be able to have an almost-finished product for my critique group soon... I wasn't sure if I was going to submit it, but I think it'll be very helpful to have non-dancers read the piece, too.  They'll be able to give me an honest opinion about whether or not it makes sense to anyone who doesn't dance.

I'm sooo psyched!  I love this feeling!  And I love that I'm almost finished!  (Okay, so I know there's still a lot of editing and whatnot to do, but that stuff is actually much less intimidating for me, because I've got a lot of experience in technical writing, and I like to edit.)

Can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments: