Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm certified!

NOT certifiable... there is a difference!

Today I passed my exam, and I am now a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant.  So what does that mean?  Well, it means I get an extra letter on my name tag - COA instead of OA after my name.  Um... it means I still do the same thing that I did last week... and it means that in a year, I can take the Certified Ophthalmic Technician exam... which will give me COT after my name instead of COA.

Okay, so it doesn't have a big impact on my day-to-day job.  But it should get me a little raise, which would be nice!

And better yet, I'm done studying, so I can do more writing!  Well, when I'm not at the theatre. 

4 comments:

Ray Veen said...

Yeah? Congratulations. I work with ophthalmic surgeons sometimes.

Danielle said...

Cool - what kind of surgeries do you end up with? The doc I work with mostly does cataracts, with a few blepharoplasties here and there.

Jilli said...

Hey! I'm getting ready to take the COA test on Friday.. How hard is it.. I've been in the field for about 3 years done some studying but I feel like not enough.. =0I

Ray Veen said...

Whoops, sorry it took me so long to get back.

The answer: vascular disasters and ortho trauma. I work the PM shift.