Sunday, May 17, 2009

Paniiiiiiiiic!

You know that rush of adrenaline you get when you get really worried or nervous?  Yeah, that one.  I don't like that rush.  It means something bad has happened.  At least, that's what I always assume.

I had that rush of panicky adrenaline today when one of my actors wasn't at the theatre yet, and it was five minutes to curtain.  And he's one of the leads.  And I like him, he's a nice guy.  So I was worried.  Last time an actor was late to a Sunday matinee, he'd had a wreck on the way to the theatre.  So I worried.  That's what I do.  I'm a worrier.

Luckily, he got to the theatre with about three minutes to curtain.  We stretched the curtain speech, and he had plenty of time to get changed.  And the show went on!

But I still worried.  And that sucked.  And now I've got that shaky, hot, coming-down-from-panic feeling.  Ick.  But he's safe, and that's the important part.

No comments: