Monday, May 11, 2009

Tired... but no dead turtle!

So I'm tired, and not too inspired, but I thought I'd share this with you.

I HIT A TURTLE!!  I was driving to church on Sunday morning, and I thought I saw a brown paper bag in the road, but as I got closer, I realized it was a turtle.  I was on a stretch of road going uphill with limited visibility, but I tried to swerve a little to avoid it.  Did you know that a turtle makes a very distinctive "ka-THUNK" sound as you drive over it?  I only heard/felt one wheel go over it, but I had no idea if it was alive or not.  I felt AWFUL!  

After church, I made a point of going home the same way, because I had to know if it was dead.  I figured if it was, it would still be in the road.  But it was gone!  So it didn't die (and please, don't ruin my dreams of a somewhat-pissed-off-but-not-dead-turtle walking away from this!).  I was happier.

That was the first live thing I've hit since I started driving.  I didn't like the feeling.  I don't want to do it again.

No comments: